Tuesday 1 July 2008

10 new words

On Monday 30th June 2008

In Helen class; she gave us a homework to find 10 new words and gave the own definition and made the sentence. it was a good chace to know a new words by myself and from my classmates.

1. Procrasinate(v) = delay, to put off till another day or time.

= My brother is always procrasinate his assignments until the deadline.

2. Provocative(adj) and (n) = stimulating

= I would like to be a successful people and having alot of moneys so I do a hard working and I 've had my provocative is Bill Gate

3. Penalty(n) =punishment

= In final round football match between Chelsea and Maschester United, a captain of Chealsea had a chance to do a penalty but unluckily the ground was slippery then it made he lost the goal.

4. Feasible (adj) <fee-zuh-buh> =possible, workable

= Every assignmets there are feasible done them easily if you are attemp to find informations and review the lessons everyday.

5. Convention(n) =meeting or formal assembly

= In annual, the office has a big convention to evaluate all of stuffs and the results at the end of year and give the responds to them.

6. Weird (adj) = suggesting the supernatural, fantastic

= A unuasual man can survive by eatting raw food especially chicken and dog, he's a weird human.

7. Diagnose (v) =determine the identity of a disease or illness

= A doctor diagnose pateints' symptom accurately without medical technology.

8. Hooligan (n) = a person who causes trouble at football match

= Nearly every football matches a football player always to be a hooligan to the opposite football team.

9. Confetti (n) = colourful pappers use in wedding ceremony to spread to the bride and groom

= In the wedding party, when a bride and groom enter in the party, the participations spread the confetti to them in order to cerebrate to them.

10. Uptight (adj) = nervous, annoyed or angry

= 2 or 3 days before I have the exam I'm always uptight and cannot eat anything until I finish my exam.

No comments: